Monday, March 30, 2009

Facebook is making me lazy about blogging. It's so much easier to share pictures online with facebook

Since Yee Sinn had a hair cut last week, I decided to snip off my locks as well. I dropped by a friendly neighbourhood hair salon called K1 Salon at Toa Payoh Central and had my hair re-bonded and cut for just $100. It was quite a good deal as they were using Shishedo chemicals. And the best part- They guranteed the whole process to be done in approximately 2 hours. It was quite a BIG deal for me cos re-bonding usually takes me 5 hours with my hair thickness. (Hubby commented that now that I'm not so "big headed", I should work on keeping my body in shape.... Yah.. I kind of got the hint and am now determined to hit the pool at least once a week to shave off some fat.) Initial plan was to meet some girl pals for tea in town after my hair treatment but one of them were not feeling well. So I spent the rest of Saturday re arranging my plants.

We attending the Changs' Reunion Party on Sunday evening. My 4th uncle flew in from US for a 1 week vacation so my 6th uncle and aunt gladly hosted dinner at their home. It was a huge crowd...with most of the Changs turning up. There were about 49 adults and I've lost count of how many kids were under 12. Food was fantastic - It was kind of pot-luck with different families bringing portion of stuffs to share. Most of the meat were barbecued from the garden and we all agreed that they were delicious. It was nice catching up with cousins and their kids after so many years. Here are some pictures from the dinner to share.

The Food- Tiger Prawns! My aunt bought 49 pieces for about $200 and had them barbequed. It's much more worth it compared to Newton Hawker Centre. Hahahah.
Yee Sinn had so much fun hiding under all the pillows and playing peek-a-boo. Doesn't she looks more cheeky now with her short crop?
Ahh... here's our little girl in her attempt to do a striptease act. We're not too sure if she'll end up being an exibitionist next time. And all her papa did was to stand beside her and watched so approvingly. Tsk! Tsk!

This is one of my favourite picture - Yee Sinn with Granpa Chang checking out what's on TV.

And here's presenting the almost complete Chang Clan..... It was more fun than the annual boring meeting at my eldest aunt's place every Chinese New Year. It's much more cosier for chats and catching up with each other.

2 comments:

Beauty Undercover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beauty Undercover said...

Hi there,

I'm Gabrielle from Beauty Undercover, a website reviewing beauty salons in Singapore :)
While searching online, we came across your blog commenting on K1 Hair Salon.

Would you mind if we publish an excerpt of your blog post and link to your page here:
http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/k1-salon-toa-payoh

Your blog post would help others know more about an experience at the salon, make a better salon decision and at the same time, increase your blog traffic.

Let us know :) and hope you have a great week ahead.

You can reach me at admin@beautyundercover.sg

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards
Beauty Undercover