Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Teat-ing issue

I think we’re in big trouble. Realised that Yee Sinn suddenly doesn’t want to drink from the bottle. I went out for a short while yesterday afternoon to run some errand and got Grandma Lee to help look after the baby. I prepared 1 frozen bottle of breastmilk in the warmer, together with bottle teats and all. When I got back, I found out that she didn’t had her milk for 3 hours and would rather sleep. I tried feeding her the milk but she simply refused.

So today, I expressed out 1 oz of milk and tried to feed her again, this time with a different teat. Unfortunately, she refused the bottle yet again. Was she hungry at all? Yes she was, 'cos she suckled furiously when I latched her on. I’ve just soaked 1 nuk and pigeon Y and M bottle teats in hot water, hoping it’ll be softer. Will try to feed her from the bottle again either later in the day or tomorrow.

Let’s hope things will work out fine because we’ll be in really big big trouble if she still refuses the bottle when I get back to work.

No comments: