Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I have been indulging myself with taxi rides since I got back to work after my maternity leave. I figured taking a cab to and from work will allow me to maximize whatever interaction time I have with my baby. Yee Sinn wakes up early at 6am and sleeps at 7.30 pm. I really miss the interaction time I had with her while I was home for 3 months. Nowadays, work ends about 6pm, 5.30pm if I am lucky. By the time I take the train home, it’s already 7pm – just another 30mins and she’ll be in La-La-land. With cabs, I can leave home a little later. This allows me to feed her and sometimes, pat her back to sleep. I can also get back home before 6.30pms, which leaves me with enough time to bathe, feed and even read to hear before her bedtime.

Though taxi rides are expensive, I guess that’s the only indulgence I give myself for returning back to work after giving birth to our darling. Am looking forward to the day we get our own car....




No comments: