Thursday, July 10, 2008

Motherhood does strange things to you. It has changed my entire life…. In a good way I supposed. Physically, I’ve became one size bigger… from a size S to M. There is no way I can fit into MOST of my evening dresses anymore. I just realized this when I was searching for clothes to wear for an upcoming company staff’s dinner. I shook my head in disbelief that most of my clothes are either XS or S but eventually, gave my sister a call to borrow her clothes. Most mothers told me that breastfeeding will help reduce our post pregnancy weight. It is true to a certain extent. What they didn’t tell me was I’m constantly hungry and I’m always eating non stop as I need the extra calories for the milk production. So it’s basically back to square one.

Emotionally, my life has been richer with Yee Sinn around. I feel so much love for Yee Sinn in my every waking moment I spent watching her (well, almost). I grew to appreciate the people around me – My never- faltering hubby who is always around to guide me through difficult times, my parents, my mother-in-law, my siblings and even my friends. These are the people who have there for me when things get tough. There were times when I do regret having a baby – there were no more vacations, no more hanging out late after work and a big decreased in ME time. But I always remember that I don’t need to go through all these misery alone. When child rearing becomes a strain, I have learnt to talk to people and even asked for help.

Motherhood is tough. It is not just giving birth to a child. It is the entire process of nurturing her, teaching her the right values and giving her sufficient love. I won’t say I am the best mother in the world. All I can say is, I am still learning and trying to give the best I can to the people who are important to me. I am always grateful for the things I have and Yee Sinn is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

The greatest teacher one could have is life’s experiences and Motherhood is an experience itself.

No comments: