Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Was on leave again today. Brought Hubby to Tan Tock Seng Hospital for his routine eye check up. Thank goodness all went well.... there's nothing more I could ask for in terms of the health of his eyes. He has very high myopia since he was a child and we hope he'll maintain his condition as long as he can. Apparently, the doctor mentioned that he is starting to have cataracts but thankfully, it'll take about another 10 years or so before he is required to change his lenses.

I scooted off to meet my friend L for lunch at Ion after seeing hubby back home. Ion IS impressive. Shops below level 1 catered more to mainstream crowd... but nevertheless, even shops like Charles & Keith looked really posh. Level 1 and above had very high-end brands such as LV, YSL and other "un-pronounceable" brands. L and I agreed that the more un-pronounceable they are, the more expensive the stuffs they sell. Hee hee. Oh yes, we did check out the famous loo as well. It's just bascially very bright with lots of mirrors and very clean. I like the nursing area cos they come with hot and cool water for mothers to make their formula milk.

My favourite part of the entire place would be the Market Place at level 5 (I think). The supermarket has a very impressive delicatessen, a wide range of dairy and organics products and very friendly staff. I bought myself a bottle of craneberry juice, bush honey yogurt and a pack of organic baby oats for Yee Sinn.

We headed down to Hort Park with our neighbour J (not really a neighbour but she lives at the next block) and her 2 kids in the late afternoon. Though it was freakinly hot, the kids had lots of fun at hortpark checking out the different thematic gardens and playing ball. I'm sure the kids were exhausted at the end of the day.

No comments: