Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's Vesak weekend. Hubby and Grandma Lee were at Bt Gombak stadium yesterday evening. They were taking part in the 3-step-1-bow procession led by the Zen temple that we frequent. I brought Yee Sinn to Grandma Chang's place during my lunch hour break so that Hubby and Grandma Lee could attend the ceremony. Picked my daughter up after work, fed and bathed her before we headed to Bt Gombak for awhile. Our intention was to let her experience a little bit more about the ceremony. I bought her a little lotus lantern so that she could take part in the ceremony as well. Though we were only there briefly, I'm sure Yee Sinn came home with lots of positive vibes!

Today we celebrated Mother's Day in advance. We went down to Tampopo at Liang Court for lunch. Hubby and I have a fascination with Japanese Ramen and trust me, Tampopo serves quite decent and authentic Japanese Ramen. The best part was the way they prepare the boiled egg... Though it's boiled, the yoke remained watery. Classic! According to hubby, the above is a picture of the 3 most important women in his life.

Hubby later joined his walking khakis for their "off-cycle" night walk. So after dropping him off at his meeting point, I headed home and went to Toa Payoh Central with Grandma Lee and Yee Sinn for dinner. Grandma Lee rushed back to watch some variety game show (cos she took part in their lucky draw and was hoping she would win something) while I brought Yee Sinn to the Pasar Malam. She enjoyed watching the older kids playing the various pasar malam games. I also picked up some cheapo stuffs...can't resist the temptation not to buy stuffs.. hee hee.

No comments: