Sunday, May 10, 2009

We didn't really celebrate Mother's Day as we had a simple meal with my mother-in-law yesterday. Instead, we were at Grandma Chang's place the entire afternoon. As it is never a tradition to celebrate mother's day in a big way at the Chang household, I decided to cook the family a nice meal of Japanese Ramen my sister brought back from Japan not too long ago as a form of celebration.

This is my 2nd Mother's Day with Yee Sinn. It has been a lot of hardwork and sacrifice raising Yee Sinn the past 2 years. But her unconditional love for her "Ma Ma" makes it all worthwhile. I love the way she has been calling me "Ma Ma" and how she'll grab my legs and look at me with those endearing eyes asking me to "bao bao" (carry) her when I get back from work every evening. Everyday, she won't go to bed without me telling her a bedtime story and lying in bed next to her till she doze off. For a little innocent girl like Yee Sinn, her Mother's Day presents are her littel kisses, her little pats on my head (her way of "sayang") and her holds of my hands are her little expressions of her love for her mother.

Like all other mothers' wishes for their children - I hope Yee Sinn will be happy, healthy and wise. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all.

No comments: