Sunday, October 23, 2011

I've got a new hobbie - Sewing. Hubby bought me a sewing machine a couple of months ago. I didn't really have the chance to use it until recently and I was hooked onto several craft works. He also brought back an old yardstick so that I can mark out my fabrics nicely.


I have made my girls several stuffs ranging from simple body pillows with matching pillow cases to pyjamas pants. I have also made a blanket for a close friend's son who was about 2 months younger than Yee Ruu.


My favourite place in town is now Plaza Singapura where I can check out discounted fabrics from Spotlight.

So just the other day, I got hubby to pick up some new fabric for his bag that I promise I'll make for him. He recently bought a new yoga mat and I told him I will sew him a bag where he could put his mat, block and belt. Fussy hubby was very particular on the design so I made him explain clearly his requirements. It took me an entire evening and night to complete this project, in between tending to the needs of my girls.


Heh heh! So proud of myself. I'm ever so grateful to my teachers who gave me the skills from my Home Econ class! It was priceless.

No comments: