Thursday, January 17, 2008

Down but not Out!

Been out of action for quite a while because I have fallen sick. *Sigh*. Was wondering how come I was so unlucky to be down with flu when I am now so near delivery. Went to the GP on Monday afternoon and was given 2 days of medical leave. I didn’t feel any better yesterday so I went down again and was given another 2 days. I really hope I’ll recover in time before Baby arrives.

Apparently, one of my colleagues (lets call this person V-> V for virus) was down with a bad bout of flu. Despite seeing a doctor and given a few days of medical leave, V insisted on coming to work. What happened next was one by one, all of us were down with the similar virus. There were at least 7 of us affected and yet, V was so unapologetic about the deed. Many of us wondered why V still insisted on coming to work and complaining about how uncomfortable the virus was making her blah blah blah…. Perhaps V had an important mission to save the world!! Well, the least V could have done was to wear a face mask. Talk about being socially responsible. *Sigh*

It's very tempting to take another day of rest tomorrow but I've got tons of work to be done. I've got to continue archiving my emails, get the key fixed and the dial-in function on my laptop looked into. On the bright side, Hubby and I have an appointment with Dr C tomorrow. Can't wait to listen to Baby's heartbeat and see her in action through the ultrasound scans. YAY!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

get well soon!!!
-chakkei