Thursday, January 31, 2008

Birth Story

Ok folks, had some time this morning so here’s Baby Yee Sinn’s post dated birth story.

I had contraction on 26th Jan 08 early morning but I wasn’t sure if that was IT. Hubby and I caught some sleep before we decided to head for the hospital since the pain (was still very bearable) became rhythmic.

We did the usual admission procedures at the hospital before being brought to the labour ward. We soon settled down and I was hooked onto the fetal movement monitor. Hubby was feeling bored so he took out his packet of chips and munched on them as he explored the clinical room, checking out the phua chu kang boots, aprons, masks etc that the doctor will be wearing. The room felt a little cold so hubby asked the nurse for a blanket – For himself as he settled down on the “Daddy’s couch” next to me. *grin* We managed to get some sleep in between before….. Dr C came and burst my water bag around 7am. It was then when I finally knew what PAIN really was.

I didn’t wait long to ask for the epidure as I was already 5-6 cm dilated. The nurses also pumped in Oxytocin near noon time to speed up the contraction. By late 1pm, the contractions came fast and furious and I was ready to push. Yes, just like the big bad wolf in the story of the 3 little pigs, I huffed and I puffed and I pushed my guts out.

“Daddy come and see the head!” Dr C told hubby. It wasn’t long that I ran out of energy that Dr C asked if I need her assistance to vacuum baby Yee Sinn out. I immediately agreed and within 5 mins more of pushing, popped came a new member of our family.

Here are some pictures to share with all of you.

Baby Yee Sinn warmed and nicely swaddled up.















She's 3.33kg. No need for sliming packages for now.












Mummy and baby are doing just fine.

No comments: