Friday, February 1, 2008

Light Relief

Baby Yee Sinn was admitted to hospital on Thursday morning for Jaundice. Good thing was Grandma Chang took a day off to be with baby so I could handle all the other admin stuff. Yes, I must say that family support is really important at times like these.

It was kind of painful seeing Yee Sinn all alone in her cot for her photo therapy. Everytime when I visited her, she’ll let out a weak cry when I call out her name and that really broke my heart.

I went to the hospital twice today so that she could latch on my boobs. Also, I’ve been diligently expressing my milk every 3 hours so that the hospital can feed her with mummy’s milk before supplementing with formula when she needed more. Hubby missed her too. He talked to her and cuddled her at every opportunity while at the ward.

On a positive note, her Jaundice level dropped from 12.9 to 8.6 today. She’ll be able to come back home tomorrow morning if all goes well. Meanwhile, daddy and mummy are all trying to catch up on our much needed sleep these 2 days. Not too sure when I’ll be able to post again.

No comments: