Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Taking it Easy


Just yesterday, baby Yee Sinn was smiling in her sleep a couple of time. Only managed to get 1 or 2 pictures of her today though. Hopfully she'll be a smiley kid as she grows up.

Baby Yee Sinn is looking healthier each day. Her skin colour is clearing up... hopefully will be like Fann Wong's fair complexion, without the daily dose of bird's nest. Her Jaundice level on Monday evening after Dr Heng took a blood test was 5.9. We were asked to continue monitoring her level, which means another visit to her clinic next Tuesday morning. Good news is, Dr Heng assured us that most probably she’ll outgrow it by then. She didn’t recommend sunning her at home but she did say that if we want, we could do so for a maximum of 15 mins.

A couple of my colleagues came by for a short visit yesterday. Really appreciated this nice gesture of theirs as it was a refreshing break from baby-sitting, nappy changing etc. One good advice that a parent colleague gave me was to take things easy and I will very soon get the hang on things in no time. I have to remind myself that I won't be an anxious parent that will eventually pressure my kid to meet my own expectations in time to come.
Yes, I hope to enjoy this parenting process as Yee Sinn will grow up very soon and things will pass in a flash.

No comments: