Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back to work for a day

Grandma Lee had to visit the dentist to fix her dentures yesterday. So for the first time, I was taking care of Yee Sinn alone at home. Though it was tough managing her on my own, it was kind of fun. Perhaps some may even call it mother and daughter bonding session. Hah hah.

Yee Sinn seems to be enjoying her bath these few days. There were times she even fell asleep in the tub while I was scrubbing her clean! I have been bathing my daughter myself for the last few days. I explained to Grandma Lee that I would like to spend as much time I could with her before I get back to work and the morning bath time would be something I will miss once I start work again.

So today, I left Yee Sinn to deliver cakes to my colleagues at work after I bathe and settled her down. We ordered a few dozen cupcakes and we hope the folks at work liked them. It was nice catching up but unfortunately, I had to rush home for Yee Sinn’s next feed. I did not stock up enough supply to be able to stay out too long. I’m not too sure how it’ll be like being a SAHM but I’m sure I’ll be missing the bonding time with my girl. Sigh…. Don’t think I’m looking forward to going back to work anytime soon. 1 month down… 2 more to go. Must cherish the time I have with my girl now.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

the cupcakes look reallly good!!