Friday, May 30, 2008

Yee Sinn has been getting more and more curious about her surrounding. She likes to be propped up against us in a sitting manner to observe what’s going on around her. In fact, one of her favourite time is sitting on Papa’s lap during dinner watching us eat. I got her a bumbo seat and she seems to like sitting in it too.

Yee Sinn has lost interest in her food these few weeks. She has been fussing quite a bit while being fed. She will either use her hand to sweep the bottle away, turn her face left or right, use her tongue to push out the milk bottle teat or simply blow bubbles with the milk in her mouth. She just wants to play with her food.

So yesterday while I was on leave, I disciplined her for her bad behaviour. When she was up to her naughty antics, I looked at her straight in her eyes and told her very sternly “Lee Yee Sinn! No, don’t ever do that again! Mummy does not like you to do that.” I had to repeat myself 2 to 3 more times before she suckled her bottle quietly. Despite Grandma Lee commenting that Yee Sinn looked so pitiful sucking her bottle after we scolded her, I continued with the feed quietly to avoid getting baby distracted. Of course, we gave her plenty of encouragement when she suckled and even told her the reasons why she was scolded. Though they babies, I think they do understand what we do and say. Let’s hope she’ll behave these few days during her feed.

No comments: