Monday, September 29, 2008


Just a quick update on Yee Sinn.

She has just turned 8 months last Friday and I started to wean her off breastmilk over the weekend. Initially, I replaced 1 feed with formula milk. However, she started to throw up, not once but twice. We weren't sure if it was due to the milk, but we decided to try mixing it - 50% breastmilk, 50% formula. So far so good. Hubby said she could be a super taster and detest the smell of vanilla in her milk. We hope to increase her portion slowly after 1 week of her getting used to the new taste and smell.

I'm feeling a bit sad that I have to give up breastfeeding her. Just this morning, Yee Sinn crawled over to me and started to latch herself on straight after I finished expressing my milk. I think she misses the bonding sessions over the weekend. I felt I was a bad mother when I de-latched her and told her she is now a big girl and she has to drink from the bottle instead.

Am really feeling a bit lousy because of this. *Sigh*



No comments: