Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Resignation to Breast Feeding

I have been thinking about this for quite a long time. Have also had numerous discussions with hubby over the issue of introducing formula milk to Yee Sinn. We have decided to continue giving her breastmilk till end of the week. After which we will slowly supplement with formula milk. By then, she'll be exactly 8 months old. I guess it is a bittersweet decision to stop breastfeeding my little girl. I'll be able to have more time to myself and give my body a break before number 2 comes along. But I'm sure I'll miss the close bonding I have with my girl. It is something beautiful that only mother and child can experience. I'm also feeling kind of sad to say goodbye to my trusty medela breastpumps and my pumping khakis at work too....



No comments: