Friday, February 20, 2009

The family just celebrated my birthday at a nearby resturant in Toa Payoh Garden called Oasis. We decided to have dinner here instead of somewhere else in town cos we were bascially too lazy to travel and queue up for seats with the Friday crowd. We took a stroll in the park, checking out potential open areas where we can bring our little girl to run around. Hubby surprised me by getting me a mini birthday cake with a picture of Hello Kitty playing a violin. It was a nice quiet dinner of teochew porridge (a bit expensive though) in the middle of a park.

It was a happy birthday for me.

This was what we had for dinner - egg with preserved vegetable, stewed pork and claypot beancurd on top of free flow of sweet potatoe porridge. The total bill came up to $50.


A family picture with the miniture cake Hubby bought from Polar.

Another milestone for Yee Sinn - She can now pick up food from her plate and feed herself quite well. Here she is feeding herself with sweet potatoes. She kind of like her new found independence where she tries now make her point across and do things her way. She is learning to "negotiate" with her caregivers..... my baby is growing up.

Yee Sinn was trying to help me put the tag and the candles onto the cake.


I asked Hubby and Yee Sinn to pose for the camera and all I got was these 2 expressions! Like father like daughter!!!


No comments: