Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Whew! The weekend just gone by in a flash.

Saturday
We had a mini “open house” on Saturday morning. The Rover Gang turned up, together with the J family – Jon & Judy and their daughter Janice. They are expecting a baby boy in June and we had a discussion on what to name the kid – it’s Junior for now. Hahahahah. It was nice catching up. Later in the evening, we popped by Serangoon to visit one of Hubby’s friend cos we wanted to meet their not-so-new born baby. Yee Sinn enjoyed herself there because they had like truckload of toys to entertain her. After Saturday, life was back to normal as we were done with the year’s visiting.

Sunday
We went over to my maternal aunt’s place on Sunday evening. Monday was “Chap Gor Mei” – the Chinese equivalent to Valentine’s Day. It is falls on the 15th day of the 1st month of the Lunar Calendar. It has been a tradition to have a reunion dinner at her place on this date. Because Monday was a work-day, my aunt has kindly brought the dinner forward to Sunday evening instead. We went there a little earlier so that Yee Sinn could feed the fishes at the garden around my aunt’s condo.

My aunts and parents gave me a surprise birthday celebration after dinner. It has been years since anyone bought me a birthday cake… though it’s like 2 weeks early to my birthday. I guess they bought the cake because the kids just love parties. Hee hee. My 2 year old newphew and Yee Sinn were all clapping and all so happy blowing out the candles on my behalf.

Monday
I was on leave yesterday. It was “Chap Gor Mei” and it happened to be Hubby’s late paternal grandmother’s death anniversary. Grandma Lee was quite glad I took the day off so that I can look after Yee Sinn while she run her errands and prepare for the simple afternoon prayer. I drove both Grandma Lee and Yee Sinn to a nearby temple along Balestier in the morning for a simple vegetarian breakfast before we bought some vegetarian food back as offerings.

Later in the afternoon, I brought both of them to Ikea at Tampines to meet up with my friend CW for tea and to pick up a safety gate - Yee Sinn has been wondering to the yard and we caught her playing with the tubs of water unsupervised! I was so unlucky to pick up a faulty gate. (I think it’s my friend CW”s fault cos he helped me to pick out the gate!!!) Apparently, the lever mechanism didn’t work so I drove down to the Alexandra brunch to get it changed. Sigh… but I think it’s worth the trouble getting it changed in installed just for Yee Sinn’s safety.

I was wiped out by the end of the day.


1 comment:

God Emperor said...

Oops, now you know why I don't win at Toto and 4D, I've got no luck! Ha! Even picking out the gate that had the spoilt lever... perhaps all the gates there had spoilt levers! :P