Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's day...

We had nice and quiet Valentine's Day. Brought Yee Sinn to the PD for her routine injection in the morning. Took her weight while waiting for our turn and she now weighs 8.9kg. Not too bad considering she's becoming a fussy eater lately. Dr Heng told us she's growing really well and her weight and height is at the 70th percentile.

Hubby was busy preparing his lecture notes. Yee Sinn and I locked him in the TV room (we made sure he was comfortable with the air con, water etc) so that he can concentrate on completing his task. So Yee Sinn and I spent most of the day together alone. We read story books borrowed from the library, played a bit of piano, potter around the lobby area watering plants and prepared some snacks for her papa. I do cherish such moments together with my daughter, especially so when I've been pretty caught up with work lately. Sometimes I do feel a bit guilty coming home late from work and feeling too tired to entertain her. But no matter how tired I am, I will still bathe her (if I come back on time) and give her the last feed before putting her to bed.

Our Valentine's dinner was at Ikea. We figured out eating there would be quite fun as we could watch Yee Sinn at the play area while we have our dinner. Ikea was having their annual sale so we picked up some stuffs before heading home. It's a nice feeling to end the day knowing that 2 of my most important people in my life is happy and well.

No comments: