Friday, February 27, 2009

Reading is fun. Yee Sinn likes to read (I’m assuming lah). She never fails to amaze us with the things she does. Sometime when she wakes up in the morning and find her papa and mama still asleep, she will reach out to her picture books, sit at a corner of her mattress and start flipping the books quietly. At times when she is up to some mischief, I will go to the “library bag”, pick up one book and tell her its story telling time. She will drop whatever naughty things that she is thinking of doing and sit quietly beside me, anticipating a story from me.

Her favourite books so far areon animals that she can relate to. She’ll exclaim very loudly and proudly “Dog!” “Dat!” “Bird!” while pointing excitedly to them. She also likes flap books where she can participate in the story telling by flipping the flaps on the pages.

Here are some pictures of her reading.

Hubby and I will take turns reading to her. Hubby usually reads Chinese books while I’ll do the English ones. Whatever they are, I think Yee Sinn enjoys the time with us. Just see how focus she was while her papa told her a story.


We have been bringing her to the library quite frequently. She is now familiar with the place. She likes to sit at the children’s table and flip (I say flip instead of read because I don’t think she understand the words yet) the books, imitating the bigger boys and girls. Other times, she will be at the shelves taking picking out huge and colourful books. She gets quite excited if she sees books on dogs, cats or birds. These pictures were taken at the library yesterday evening.

Here is Yee Sinn sucking her thumb while checking out what's underneath the flaps.

My little girl is also very facinated with textured books.... pictures that comes with "Fur", "Sponges", "Mirrors" and "Bumps".

No comments: