Friday, April 10, 2009

Yee Sinn was down with fever yesterday. I got a call from Grandma Lee and my heart just jumped when she said Yee Sinn's burning and she wasn't sure what medicine to give her. Told her to give our little girl a cold bath while I rushed back after taking urgent time off work. So you can guess, I was pretty much busy taking her temperature, feeding her medicine and sponging her the whole night.

She kind of recovered from her fever today and was back to her usual chatty self. Since today's Good Friday, I decided to give the family a treat by making pancakes. I simply love the Morinaga brand of pancake mix. The mix comes in small packs and it's enough to make approximately 6 to 8 decent size pancakes. This brand of mix can be purchase at Isetan supermarket.

I fed Yee Sinn her usual mix of oats cereal before I let her sample the pancakes. Hee, so now beside my hubby who has been my faithful pancake fan, Yee Sinn joined the ranks too. Simply love the way she points at the plate and say "Muum Muum"


It rained pretty heavily in the afternoon so we couldn't go out to the park as planned. Instead, we headed down to Ikea in the evening for dinner. We could only think of Ikea as it's one of the children friendly place nearby our home. We were a bit diasppointed when we got to the resturant. We'll usually sit at the children's play area for our meals while watching Yee Sinn plays. But today, Yee Sinn wasn't very interested and wanted to be out of the play area because there were a bunch of very much older kids (about 10 or 12 years old) behaving very rowdlly. They were pretty much terrorising all the other smaller kids and chasing them away from their "territory". We quickly finished our dinner and took her to the kids section instead. She had some fun with a small trolley where she placed a bear in it and started pushing it around.

No comments: