Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's going to be Mid-Autumn tomorrow so all of us gathered at Grandma Chang's place for dinner. We promised the kids that they will get to play with lanterns this evening.


It was Yee Ruu's first mid-autumn celebration with us. She often looked on intently at what all the other older kids were up to. I'm sure by next year, she will be carrying her own lanterns and running around the streets with them.

We had a hearty dinner before we took a short stroll down the streets. As usual, the kids were delighted. They sure enjoyed the company of each other and were disappointed that we had to call it a day. The adults had fun too. Both Grandma and Grandpa Chang were happy to see their brood of grand children walking the street with lanterns dispite being a noisy bunch. I was more afraid that they would make a nusiance of themselves by talking so loudly along the quiet street.


I had to pack the kids back home by 9.30pm as it was getting late. I needed to prepare for my first day of work tomorrow and would want to be at my best.

No comments: