Thursday, September 8, 2011


What mixed feeling I had today... It's my last day of work after 10 years with the company. Made many good friends and learnt a lot of things in returned. It was my first job after graduation and some of my colleagues saw me through my convocation, my marriage and the birth of my 2 kids. Some of them walked with me me through several ups and downs during projects deadlines while others consoled me through difficult times with nasty bosses.

It was a mad rush for me as I had to return my pass and laptop before the HR and IT staff knocked off from work. I have been packing quite a bit over the last few days but there were still so much stuffs to pack away. Even my colleagues were amazed on such efficiency and commented on my newly-reinstated cubicle. Hee hee.

Once I returned my stuff, I just started to pack non-stop and am proud to say I completely stuffed my car to the brim within 2 hours. I spent whatever remaining time I had left of the day going around saying my thank-yous and dishing out chocolate and ice-creams.


It's kind of a bitter sweet feeling... feeling sad that I'm leaving the place where I spent my last 10 years of work but yet, pretty excited that I'll be embarking on something new soon. I hope the new place would have people as kind and patience as what I have experience so far.

I'm going to miss Jurong East, Imm, Diaso.... and most importantly, I'm going to miss my friends that I'm leaving behind.

No comments: